Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet1050c plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any new work-arounds to get a HP1050c plus plotter to work with windows 10?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you go to the HP driver download page for the 1000 series, you'll need to change the OS to Win 7.  Then it should display the correct driver you need.  You might have to go back further to XP, I don't recall.  Be sure to specify 32 or 64 bit.

I just loaded the 1050C driver on my Win 10 laptop a few weeks ago and it works just fine.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice; I'll give it a try. I think I actually have to go back to Vista to find the drivers.

HP Recommended

I've tried various possible solutions with no success. Tried installing the 5500 driver and all I got were totally black prints. Tried saving jobs as PDF and got error message when tried to print. Test print from the control panel looks good but otherwise I can't get a usable print out. I'm trying to print from a geological program called Geoscout; maybe there is some kind of compatibility issue with it although the 1050C was a real workhorse in the industry 10-20 years ago.  I don't know what to try next.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.