Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

is there a firmware downgrade anywhere for the HP Deskjet 3632, was running fine then stupid thing updated the firmware now my non genuine ink cartridges wont work in it, comes up with error, very annoying considering I have a lot of things to print including my kids schoolwork they have to complete and that im in quarantine atm for a few weeks like a lot of people here, very not happy with HP making the new firmware lock out non genuine HP cartridges...

if there is no fix, I think ill never be buying HP products again, this is my 3rd HP printer in my lifetime as I like the brand personally but if this is what they have come to I don't think ill be a supporter of HP anymore...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ghostimage I suggest you update the printer firmware: 

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

The third party ink cartridges will work. But there are many cartridges in the market which is refilled and sometimes the chip is not configured to work with the printer. You need to contact the cartridge manufacturer and find out why its not working. Try a different cartridge supplier and check if that works.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@riddle_decipher that’s the issue it is up to date with the latest firmware, before this happened I was using the original firmware that came with the printer and I had no issues with it communicating with the non genuine printer cartridges I use but now it did an auto update of the firmware and none of the cartridges I have will work now, they all come up error except for the original HP cartridge I try, i know it would be a communication error between the new firmware and the printer cartridge chip, I don’t care about security flaw patches I just want the older firmware so I can continue to use my non genuine cartridges I have to use,  there ain’t any trace of older firmware for the printer online anywhere... the cartridges I get for my printer are for use with 3632 deskjet with firmware before sept 2018. They won’t work with the newer firmware.... they are the calidad brand replacement cartridges...

HP Recommended

@Ghostimage I suggest you contact the cartridge manufacturer for further support as this is a cartridge issue,

And if you need any further support with the printer, you could reach out to us, anytime.

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.