Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T3500ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

There are vertical bars of a slightly lighter color regularly spaced across the picture.  The department is not seeing anything like this with the maps and blue prints they informally print.

I took a photograph of the print out and used paint I selected a small portion of a much larger picture to keep the original quality and reduce the file size enough to upload to this posting.

Designjet T3500ps printed Verticle Bars on picture 20160330_105643 trimmed to fit upload.jpg

This is part of the original unprinted image,using paint I selected a small portion of a much larger picture to keep the original quality and reduce the file size enough to upload to this posting.

Designjet T3500ps Original unprinted.jpg

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
For starters this isnt a photo printer. Its made for maps, blueprint ect... But you can try dropping the resolution which will improve the picture quality.
I have been an HP printer tech for over 30 years and have been out on many calls with same issue on T series.

Good luck.

Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
For starters this isnt a photo printer. Its made for maps, blueprint ect... But you can try dropping the resolution which will improve the picture quality.
I have been an HP printer tech for over 30 years and have been out on many calls with same issue on T series.

Good luck.

Dave
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will pass this on to the users.  If they insist on printing photographs in your experience is there resolution number that is best to stay below?

HP Recommended
600 dpi but they may have to go to 300. This is not a photo printer and I dont envy you fighting with them. Been there done that.

Dave
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure you are using a good quality paper, like photo or Heavy weight coated paper

Once you have a good paper loaded, print on best mode. The bands you get, if they are 1 inch apart, is because the printer is printing on fast.

Just by changing the quality you will see the difference.

As Dcpcfix mention, this is a technical printer, not photo. But you can definitely can get a better quality from what you are getting.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.