Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
iMac
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am having an issue with Yellow ink getting from the printhead to the paper. I included photos so you can see what I mean as the printhead has yellow on it, but is not being applied to the paper. A new cartridge and printhead were installed and nothing changed. I have printed every test print possible and the yellow will not appear. BUT, when I did a purge ink, it printed red (magenta & yellow), but no yellow. I have the latest software and firmware installed.

Could it possibly be the nozzle or hose? If so, how do I get to these areas to check? There is no longer a warranty on this machine nor a service contract so I am on my own. Any help is appreciated!

IMG_1067.JPGIMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1070.JPGIMG_1073.JPGIMG_1074.JPGIMG_1075.JPGIMG_1076.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

have you tried cleaning those contacts?

image.png

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

I had not, but I used a lint free cloth and a new test print still showed no yellow.

HP Recommended

It sounds like you've narrowed it down to a clog between the supply area on the left (where the ink tank goes) and the carriage assembly on the right (where your printheads sit). Are your ink's out of date or old? Can you hear fluid movement in the yellow ink tank?

There is most likely a clog or an air bubble that's formed somewhere in that supply tubing. I've seen dirty or stuck print head pins cause drop out. That's where you see voids in a certain color, but never cause a whole color to drop. It was worth it as a free, easy process of elimination.

Yes, lint free cloth is the way to go. Most of the time, I just use warn soapy water for my cleaning agent. It might not be terribly expensive to get a tech to look at it, just depends on who is available in your area. If you're in a "boat anchor" situation, several hundred dollars might not be so expensive to save the printer and take all the repair stress off of you. I'm sure you can find the service manual online to get a peek at the internal parts. There are a variety of internal tests that can be run to help narrow down where the problem may be. Always power down the machine and remove the power plug from the wall before attempting repairs so you are certain the printer is not energized. Since you've already eliminated this being a potential software issue by using internal prints, the problem is almost assuredly in the printer.

If the problem is in the tubing, that all replaces as one assembly. Sometimes, it is possible to flush out clogs. It can be messy and frustrating and I have a low success rate while attempting- I'm certain you can find some you tube videos for examples. You can probably google these part numbers and see a pic of them outside the machine to get a better idea of what your looking at.

Q6675-60019 Left Ink Supply Station

Q6677-60007 Ink Supply Tubes

Q6718–67025 Service Station

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thank you VERY MUCH for all of your input! I will definitely be checking into the parts and YouTube videos for these sections. I have reached out to various companies and I am having a hard time finding anyone who can service this model. I am still searching with hopes someone else can do the repair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.