RRE1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DesignJet 510 Load Paper Support

DesignJet 510

I own a DesignJet 510 and I have recently experience trouble with the printer not wanting to continually print pages. I am printing on Plain Paper for Blueprints and the printer will randomly (sometimes after 1 page and then sometimes after 2 or 3 pages) will ask "Load Paper"  even though the paper is lined up and no jams have occurred. This is very annoying especially when you are trying to print a multi page document. I am using HP Brand Plain Paper....

I have checked several times and the paper is aligned properly with the feed line when asked "Load Paper" occurs.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated.

RRE1

2 REPLIES 2
Professor
Professor
2,486 2,159 192 385
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be a problem with the TOF sensor. Should be a diagnostic you can run to determine if the sensor is working properly or not.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
RRE1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any link or guide to running this diagnostic?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation