Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-147c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm setting up my computer and want to add 5.1 speakers. I notice that there are only 3 audio plugs in the back instead of 6. It doesn't have the Rear Channel, Side Channel and Center/Subwoofer plugs.  I also don't see any kind of digital output, such as S-PDIF. Does anyone know if this computer has digital output? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Weisswelsh

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

As I understand you want to add a 5.1 channel speaker to your Omen and you need to know about the digital output,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check the specifications of your computer?

Or look for your user guides for details?

While you respond to that, here's what I found:

The integrated Audio card on your Omen PC supports:

• Audio Codec: ALC3863-CG

• 5.1 channel support

• Audio jack presence detection

And only contains the Line-in, Microphone, and Line-out as shown below:

Cycle through the equalizer selections and choose one of the following:

• Stereo: This effect plays your music in stereo- left and right only.

• Stereo  X2: This setting splits the audio signal to the rear speakers giving you 4.1 channel sound.

• Dolby Digital PL2 Music/Movies: This setting creates a simulated surround sound effect by up-mixing to all your speakers.

Keep me posted for further assistance Smiley Wink

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. However, you mentioned simulating 5.1 sound using the Z-5500 control pod, which I have no idea what that is. Also, you mentioned hooking up this control pod to the sound card, but this compter doesn't have a separate sound card. It's integrated sound from the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

@Weisswelsh

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

My bad, I seemed to have included the steps from another article (now edited) adding to the confusion (It's human to err...)

That said, I recommend using the Line-out (Green port) to connect your external speakers and make the changes on the equalizer of your speaker or the windows playback devices to utilize all the 5.1 channels.

I hope this helps,

Keep me in the loop and Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know this is an old topic, but this may help for anyone that gets here via google searches. Plug your front speakers into the green audio jack, center/sub into the microphone jack (pink), and your rear/surround speakers into the blue jack. Configure for 5.1 in the DTS software that came preinstalled on your system. It works, its how I have my 5.1 configured on my OMEN 870-244.

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=SoundWin10Dtop.net&os=win10&as=true&sfsid=nsps&section=ccweb...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.