Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC 15-eu1000 (4V9Q2AV)

denslim1_0-1706008855232.png

The built in audio device (specifically the microphone) says it's unplugged. so I don't have a built in mic. This is a hassle if i'm on the go and need to to zoom or google meet. is this a driver issue?  where can I get updated drivers?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @denslim1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The issue you're experiencing with the microphone on your HP ENVY X360 15 Convertible PC may be related to driver problems. Here are  steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Check Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select "Device Manager."
  • Look for the "Audio inputs and outputs" section and expand it.
  • Check if there are any yellow exclamation marks or error messages next to your audio devices. If so, it indicates a driver issue.

Update Audio Drivers:

• Right-click on the audio device (microphone) that is having issues.
  • Select "Update driver."
  • Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

Download Drivers from HP Support:

• Visit the official HP Support website for your laptop model: HP Support
  • Enter your laptop model number (15-Eu1000) or let the website detect your product.
  • Navigate to the "Drivers" section and look for the latest audio drivers.
  • Download and install the updated drivers.

Windows Update:

• Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Windows Update may include driver updates.
  • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.

HP Support Assistant:

• If you have HP Support Assistant installed on your laptop, open it and check for any available updates, including audio driver updates.

Reinstall Audio Drivers:

• In Device Manager, you can also try uninstalling the audio device, and then restart your computer. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers.

After performing these steps, check if the microphone is recognized.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.