Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590 p0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have purchased an external audio device to do studio recording on my desktop.

The supplied ASIO drivers won't install and I only am able to use universal ASIO drivers.

The software supplied caused an startup error message too. Program could not be started correctly (0xc000007b). Close the program by choosing OK.

I have contacted the hardware manufacturer and software manufacturer but no hope. They only suggest 

clean install of Windows 10 which is by far the most ridiculous way to respond. They don't ask for register dumps or such to make sure that their installer package is working with HP Processor.

I succeeded to install another software that work in recording but they don't recognize my DAW correctly as it should be but only the universal ASIO device.

Anyone with this desktop having similar issues or should I return the product and try another....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The only fixes I can think of would be to uninstall onboard audio drivers and software (Device Manager and Control Panel, Programs and Features). Also disable onboard audio in the BIOS. 

BIOS settings can be reviewed at this HP site (Link). Look in: BIOS Setup Utility menus and settings, Security Menu, Device Security.  Onboard audio can only be disabled if a discrete sound card is installed. This BIOS setting availability depends on how the system sees the external USB audio device you are trying to use.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.