Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pacilion
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have done so many repairs on this computer. Due to unauthorized usages and software (business accounts) challenges I failed until the last minute to ck on the audio. Those other challenges were priority at the time.

I have used the support assistant to update and do device recovery but still have no audo.

Can/will anyone give me some additional things to attempt.?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well. I continued to ck and re ck and retest with the HP Support assistant and something works with audio now. When i complete a transaction in my bookkeeping program I get a very loud ping. So, i went back to the testing of audio and got some very glorious noises !!! I have to turn computer on again in the AM and hope to hear thosenoises again. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@NANA28283,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to connect an headphone and check if you're having the same issue while using the headphones.

Have you tried to run a test on the Audio from F2? This is to check if it's a hardware or software related issue.

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better

Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest you could try to run the test on the audio from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the test passes, as mentioned this could be a software or driver related issue. Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then check the box delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more additional information, Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

challenges for two differnt challengees on two devices. The audio challenge is on the desktop Pavilian p7-1436s

windows 8.1 MXX240068V

H4A32AA#ABA. I TRIED THE ON OFF AND F2 ON THIS AND NEVER GOT THE COMPONEnT TESTS. i TRIED IT MORE THAN ONCE AND oops not shouting caps on from the numbers . sorry.

i did try the other set of tests and went through to the ones that will take hours which i will do later.

Perhaps there is another option on the desktop and win 8.1 ????

HP Recommended

@NANA28283,

Try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

5) Download and install the audio driver from this link

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 3 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 

Step 4 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

replying to Jeet-Singh;

thank you for the suggestions.

AUDIO COMPONENT TEST:

3 failures - OGEE33-0009KU-WPTXOK-215513

then i proceeded to the link you suggested for updating Bios, Chipset,Audio drivers

I have done the bios and audio drivers and AMD GRAPHICS ON THAT LINK.

However, i do not know what Chipset is and did not see that listed on the link.

I have installed the HP Support assistant, will check with it and get back with you with word of success or not.

THANK YOU

Do you think i should wait for your answer re the chipset to use the support assistant ???

HP Recommended

@NANA28283,

Thanks for the details,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,
I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Just wanted to check if you have made a note of the hardware diagnostics as it seems to be an incorrect one.

If you haven't please run the test again and do capture the failure ID for further assistance.

Keep me posted on how it goes!

Take care and have a great day ahead.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i am really confused about your statement that the failure  messages are incorrect. i did the test after diferent trials and they were all the same.

the HP Support Assistant results all come up with no issues which makes absolutely sense to me as I am not hard of hearing and the audio checks all come up with absolutely no sound. 

There are a few other things i need to do regarding LIFE and will then get back on this very soon.

I so appreciate your responsveness.

thank you

HP Recommended

@NANA28283,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well. I continued to ck and re ck and retest with the HP Support assistant and something works with audio now. When i complete a transaction in my bookkeeping program I get a very loud ping. So, i went back to the testing of audio and got some very glorious noises !!! I have to turn computer on again in the AM and hope to hear thosenoises again. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

@NANA28283,

I really hope it works for you. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great weekend ahead 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.