Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP M01-F0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First post on the forum, please forgive my ignorance of your ways. I did a search and found nothing, which might be a comment only on my search skills.

I recently purchased a desktop tower and I am having audio problems, apparently only with analog functions. At various times during use I get a "pop" from the speakers. I can't narrow it to a specific function or app although I do have a short video of it occurring.

None of this happens when using the HDMI connector to a monitor (via the HDMI connector) with built in audio or when using Bluetooth audio. My problem with the digital audio solution is that the audio through my monitor is not overly loud and of remarkably poor fidelity, the Bluetooth speakers and soundbars I tried all have auto shutoff after about 15 min. of no sound.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers, tracked down , I think, all the assorted level/vol controls, including the monitor volume, and temporarily disabled the digital output, all with no positive effect on my problem.

My present work-around, which is barely acceptable is actually using two speaker systems for the PC depending on what I'm doing on it, e.g.: desktopping (using the lousy monitor speakers) vs watching a movie (using the Bluetooth function of a set of powered speakers). Works for me but cryptic for the rest of the world.

I've been wrangling electrons for better than 40 years and the closest I've ever come to this kind of problem was a system that had a software mixer running in the background and it would make that kind of noise as it turned available digital sources off and on. I think I would have eliminated that when I disabled the digital sound source driver.

The CPU is HP M01-F0016, the monitor is an HP V244a, the OS is Windows 10(64 bit). The site won't let me post a video clip that is not on the web. If needful I could upload the clip to someplace and try that.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jinx

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Jinxdjinn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No help a week after posting?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.