Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
basic monitor with VGA port

Hey, I am using a monitor HP 27-Inch Ultra-Slim Full HD Computer Monitor - AMD Freesync, Built-in Speakers, IPS Panel with HDMI and VGA Ports 27Fw Display with Audio (4Tb32Aa) and along with this I am using another basic monitor. But since I am using split display connector to connect both of them, I am unable to use in-built speakers on my wide screen. Please help with this. My motherboard supports HDMI, but in order to connect another monitor, I am using split VGA connector.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Gudluru,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you are experiencing audio issues with an HP 27-Inch Ultra-Slim Full HD computer monitor connected via a VGA splitter connector, there are several potential reasons and troubleshooting steps you can take.

Check the Connections:

• Ensure that all cables, including the VGA splitter, VGA cables, and audio cables, are securely connected.
  • Make sure that you have connected the audio cable correctly to the monitor and the source device.

VGA Limitations:

• VGA is primarily a video connection, and it does not carry audio signals. Therefore, if you are trying to transmit audio through a VGA splitter, it won't work. You will need a separate audio connection from your source device to your monitor or speakers.

Separate Audio Connection:

• Connect a separate audio cable (e.g., 3.5mm audio cable or HDMI for audio if available) from your source device (e.g., computer or media player) to your monitor or external speakers. This will ensure that audio is transmitted correctly.

Check Audio Settings:

• On your computer or source device, make sure that the audio output is set to the correct device (e.g., the monitor or external speakers) in the audio settings. Adjust the volume as needed.

Monitor Settings:

• Access the monitor's menu settings using the monitor's physical buttons or on-screen display (OSD) menu. Ensure that the audio input source is set to the correct audio input (e.g., 3.5mm audio or HDMI).

Audio Source Compatibility:

• Ensure that the source device (e.g., computer, DVD player, gaming console) supports audio output through the chosen connection (VGA in this case) and that the audio source is actually sending audio through VGA.

Driver and Software Updates:

• Ensure that your computer's audio drivers and monitor firmware/software are up to date. Outdated drivers or software can sometimes cause audio issues.

Test with a Different Setup:

• If possible, test the monitor and audio setup with a different source device or cable to rule out any specific hardware issues.

Check the VGA Splitter:

• Ensure that the VGA splitter is functioning correctly. If it's faulty or incompatible, it may disrupt both video and audio signals.

Remember that VGA is primarily an older video technology and may not provide the best audio and video quality compared to more modern options like HDMI. If possible, upgrading to a monitor with HDMI or DisplayPort connectivity can provide a better overall experience for both video and audio.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi @Alden4,

Thank you for your prompt response. Apologies for the delayed response. Yeah, I am yet to try all the options provided for troubleshooting. But I observed one thing, when I am using VGA splitter for display and HDMI for audio, display not working properly on HP monitor whereas working fine on older monitor. So, I had to remove HDMI cable from HP monitor now. Using only HDMI cable to HP monitor works fine in terms of Display and Audio. Since, I must enable other monitor too, facing challenges.

HP Recommended

Hi @Gudluru,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, please go to the public post and click on "Accepted Solution" and give us a virtual high-five by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" icon.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.