Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-305no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem with installing audio drivers on devices that connect to the Computer with a 3.5mm headphone Jack. When I connect and try to install something, this error comes up. The device drivers were found but they could not be installed. Try contacting device manufacturer. In device manager I have a triangle next to the icon of the device. 

Steps to recreate: 

connect 3.5mm audio device.

go to device manager.

try to install driver.

it won't install it...

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright so I managed to fix it by myself. The problem was that Windows 10 stopped supporting my sound card sometime in 2018 so I had to download an old Windows 10 sound driver for IDT high definition audio. Huge props to Paul Tikkanen for the solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Alright so I managed to fix it by myself. The problem was that Windows 10 stopped supporting my sound card sometime in 2018 so I had to download an old Windows 10 sound driver for IDT high definition audio. Huge props to Paul Tikkanen for the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.