Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP-15-f233wn with windows 10. CD/DVD won't work. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stanbr549, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you go into the Device Manager and find your CD/DVD drive.  Right click on it and select "Uninstall".  Once this is complete, you should reboot the laptop and it will reinstall the drive.  This may solve your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Stanbr549, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you go into the Device Manager and find your CD/DVD drive.  Right click on it and select "Uninstall".  Once this is complete, you should reboot the laptop and it will reinstall the drive.  This may solve your problem.

HP Recommended

I go to devices and nouthing  fo cd/dvd is listed.

HP Recommended

I was on the wrong divice. Windows 10 makes me insane. . Thank You.

HP Recommended

It worked on one CD and started the same thing again. It says no disc. The disc is running in the drive you can hear it.

HP Recommended

Removed and  restarted again. It started working again but took 3 to 4 min to start playing disc. Have any other ideas.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Stanbr549

I suggest buying a CD/DVD drive cleaner.  Clean the drive thoroughly.  It is no different than any other component.  It needs to be cleaned periodically.  If this doesn't solve the problem, you may want to buy an inexpensive USB Blu-ray drive.  I have one that I use and it works great!

HP Recommended

This CD drive not working is an epic fail for HP. There have little or no solutions.  I  have a Pavilion 23 and it never worked despite the work arounds.   FOR HP not to resove this issues with customers  shows they don't care.  HP giveing kudos to people who solved hte issue by buying new drives is crazy. Why are HP customers having to buy new drives that never worked.  I have to buy a new computer with a drive that workesrs. I am ready for a new printer, too This issue will lead me to another company.  I have so many HP products but this issue  is going to  make me sever my relationship with HP products

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.