Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-17-2021 11:24 PM - edited 03-17-2021 11:24 PM
Like others, I seem to be unable to complete the 20H2 update. It's stuck at 61%
The issue seems to be the Conexant driver.
Microsoft has some info here. Seems like this is not an HP specific problem.
I have tried uninstalling the driver with no success. The update keeps getting reapplied, on the next reboot.
I attempted to use this technique
But, I can seem to find a copy of wushowhide that works on my system.
Any suggestions? I've already tried the HP Image Assistant
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-26-2021 05:19 AM
Go to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers and uninstall the Connexant device, deleting the driver files too.
Then retry the update without rebooting. Should go through ok. If rebooted first, the driver will auto-reinstall and hang it again.
Unbelievable that this issue is still around 11 months after it was first detected.
04-18-2021 09:56 AM
Here is the process I used, starting from the hung at 61% state:
- Go into settings and pause updates for 7 days
- Reboot either through the menus or use the Power Switch, if you need to
- Once backup, go into Device Manager and uninstall the Conexant Driver. Make sure to select delete files
- Do not reboot (even though if it is suggested)
- Go back in settings and resume updates
- Download and install the update. Be patient it took a long time for this update to run.
If there are any "other" updates queued up, that require a reboot, you may need to clear those out first.
The trick seems to be to remove the drivers, and with the 20H2 update next in the queue, run it then. (If the system reboots anytime after the driver removal, they just get reinstalled. ;(