Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon TG01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the brochure of HP Pavillon TG01 or TP01 is reported to support Audio 5.1 Speaker set with dedicated plug.

Where is the connector?

How can I connected 5.1 amplifier speakers with digital audio?

Direct amplifier connection, without passing to the HDMI.

Amplifier can support:

- Digital Coax

- TosLink

- 3 jacks for front, rear, center

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

For one thing there is more to the model number than HP Pavillon TG01

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i/29014479/product-info

Pick the correct info from that list to get correct info, however on several of the models I picked from that list I found this on the the spec page.

• High Definition (Azalia) 5.1 channel audio support
    note:
    The motherboard supports 5.1 surround sound. If the computer does not have the required audio jacks for a 5.1 configuration, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

This is the official text from HP TG01 Brochure:

5.1 Surround Sound
With all the necessary ports for true 5.1 surround sound, give your favorite
movies, shows, or music more nuanced, immersive sound quality, just by
hooking up a surround sound speaker setup.

Is there somebody from HP to explain how this is working?

HP Recommended

For one thing there is more to the model number than HP Pavilion TG01.  Once the rest of the model number is given, then a manual can be located.  Until then it is guessing.

Did you just purchase this?  It would be helpful if you would included where that brochure is located.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Any model of HP Pavillon TG01 and HP Pavillon TP01 has the brochure reporting to support:

5.1 Surround Sound output: All the necessary ports for truly immersive sound quality with 5.1 surround sound.

Which is the port?

HP Recommended

For one thing there is more to the model number than HP Pavilion TG01.  I need the rest of the model number to find the manual for that model so I tell where the port is located.

Or you can go to the support page yourself and let the scanner check your model and it will find the manual for you.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-2013nl based on Ryzen Mother Board

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.