Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP. P224 g4 monitor

How do I get sound on this monitor when I connect a fire stick? The picture and remote work fine but how to I get sound? 
Do I connect external speakers?

do I need a special cable? I didn’t see an input for an aux cable.

please help. Is it even possible?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LPE19125 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c06276267

Looks like it does not have speakers. What is your computer ? How do you connect fire stick, to where ? Its specs says

Fire TV Stick 4K Max is our most powerful streaming stick with an optimized 1.8GHz quad-core processor and Wi-Fi 6 support. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in vibrant 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, and immersive Dolby Atmos audio. It includes the Alexa Voice Remote with dedicated power and volume buttons to control a wide range of compatible IR-enabled devices including TVs, sound bars, and A/V receivers, plus convenient preset app buttons. Press and hold the voice button and ask Alexa to find, launch and control your content, or switch TV inputs, control lights, thermostats, and other compatible smart home devices. View live camera feeds without stopping your show, using live view picture-in-picture. Get fluid, gameplay and fast-rendering graphics with an enhanced 750Mhz GPU. Plus switch to low-lag cloud gaming with Auto Low Latency Mode support.

You have to connect your stick to something which acts as an amplifier, your monitor can't do that even when it has speakers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.