Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Instead of using the onboard sound, I installed a PCI sound card.  I then connected the front audio panel to that sound card (so I can have mic and headphone jacks working with the sound card).  All works fine.

My issue: I get a POST error every time I boot the computer.  The message I get is "100-Front Audio Not Connected".  I totally understand what it means: the connector for Front Audio on the Motherboard has nothing connected to it.  This is normal since I removed the cable and connected it to my discrete sound card. 

My question: how do I tell the computer that it is normal so the there is no more POST error related to this issue?

Thank you.

CPFive

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

you can not do that.

hP  front panel is secret design and NOT A STANDARD.  "as in Proprietary design"

so fails moved to non HP  boards.  (in fact will only run on the PCs MOBO only,  or this SERIES)

no card told

I installed a PCI sound card.

so answers will be wrong or lacking cures.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.