Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,
I have an Hp p6745ru
I recently bought the GTX 650.When I install the card the hp start up screen comes on and just stays there for a while. I hear a beep followed by another beep about 30 seconds later. The screen then turns black. 
I refreshed Windows and deleted any drivers associated with past GPUs.

Pc with my radeon hd6570 everything works fine. 
The PSU on the system is 550w which is recomended by nvidia for the 650. 
Card have not technical defects, i tested it on other PC. 
On other forums I read that my motherboard is not compatible with my gtx 650 because BIOS is a very old, so i need update him, but i can't find a new version (on the official site v. 7.15 but this ver. 2011 release). 
Where to find the new version?
Thank you so much,
Rimad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Deleting out drivers is not going to solve the problem.

I suspect that the NVIDIA GTX 650 is not compatibile with your PC.  Your PC is 3+ years old and I wouldn't expect HP to post a BIOS update for your PC.

Return the graphics card and try the NVIDIA GTX 660 or one of the below NVIDIA GTX 750 models.

MSI NVIDIA GTX N750 TI and the MSI GTX N750 TF

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Deleting out drivers is not going to solve the problem.

I suspect that the NVIDIA GTX 650 is not compatibile with your PC.  Your PC is 3+ years old and I wouldn't expect HP to post a BIOS update for your PC.

Return the graphics card and try the NVIDIA GTX 660 or one of the below NVIDIA GTX 750 models.

MSI NVIDIA GTX N750 TI and the MSI GTX N750 TF

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Just need to disable BIOS Security Boot (UEFI Boot) through embedded graphics.

Sorry, I do not speak English!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.