Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-c60 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have no audio through my Emerson tv monitor, after connecting my HDMI cable from my pc to my tv mnitor.   I'm not sure but my DVI receptacle is connected to the DVI port of my pc and my HDMI receptacle is connected to my HDMI port of my tv monitor.

I read the previous thread from a couple of years ago, but not sure what it's stating or that it applies to me.   I have downloaded or attempted to download driver software packages, but have been unable to get audio through my Emerson tv monitor.  

Are you familiar with the audio issue between HP Pavilion 500 c-60 desktop pc's connectivity and my Emerson tv monitor?   I contacted Emerson customer service and was told to check my HDMI cable by disconnecting it and connecting to my dvd player.   I have no HDMI connection to my DVD player.   If audio between the two, then it's either the tv monitor or pc.   You have to figure which one.

The message I'm getting at audio controllers is AMD driver not plugged in.   I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't get audio out of a DVI port.   DVI is for video only.

That is the issue you are having.

Also looking at the picture of the motherboard your PC has, there are no expansion slots to add a video card.

Photograph of motherboard

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't get audio out of a DVI port.   DVI is for video only.

That is the issue you are having.

Also looking at the picture of the motherboard your PC has, there are no expansion slots to add a video card.

Photograph of motherboard

HP Recommended
To add a video card.? What would be the reason for adding a video card?
HP Recommended

A video card would have an HDMI out port.  Therefore it would provide audio and video to your TV.

Since you cannot add a video card in your PC, that is not an option.

HP Recommended
I can only get video on my tv monitor, but not audio. Does this mean I still don't have a video card? I can project video from my pic, but not audio.

Should I order a HDMI receptacle to cable with VGA receptacle and 3.5 mm audio connector with cable instead?
HP Recommended

Your PC has an integrated video adapter, not a separate video card.

There is no way that I know of for you to get sound out of the video to a TV unless you run a separate audio cable from the PC to the TV.

HP Recommended
If I order HDMI-VGA cable with audio cable and connect the audio cable with 3.5 mm receptacle to microphone ports of my October and tv monitor, will that give me video and audio?
HP Recommended
Excuse me, I meant headphone ports, not microphone ports.
HP Recommended

Here's what I think you can try...

My TV's have one HDMI port that is labeled HDMI/DVI.  Hopefully, yours does too.

Also my TV's have the red and white audio RCA inputs.  Hopefully, yours does too.

Plug your DVI to HDMI cable in the HDMI/DVI port.

Buy one of these contraptions.  Plug the 3.5 mm audio jack to your PC's light green audio out port in the back of the PC.

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Audio-Video-Cable-Extension/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=pd_lpo_23_lp_t_4?_encod...

Connect the red and white RCA jacks to the red and white audio inputs on the back of your TV.

HP Recommended

I have set up my tv (Element) as a second monitor aside from my regular monitor and the video part works perfectly when I transfer whatever I am seeing via the internet to my tv. However, I have no sound although I have connected a red and white audio RCA input cable to my tv and 3.5mm 1/8 audio jack to my pc's light green audio out port in the back of of the pc. If anyone knows what is the problem and how to correct it please let me know. Everything is ok when I watch watever it is on my regular monitor(video and sound) using my speakers connected to the headphones port in the front of the pc but when unpluging the audio cable from the front and transferring to my tv monitor thats when I don' get any sound from the tv the audio cable is connected in the back of the pc. Please provide me with a solution. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.