Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E243m 23.8-inch Monitor

About a 2 week ago, the audio for my HP E243m monitors stopped working. Everything was fine and then all of a sudden it didn't function. The monitor is connected to my HP Z2 mini G4 workstation and HP USB-C Docking station (for worklaptop) through the displayport cables that came with the monitor. I also have the monitor connected with the USB cable to the PC that it came with. I have run various troubleshooters (Windows, HP, Intel) and nothing seems to work. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and still nothing. Completed an internal audio test of the speakers on the monitor and it produces sound.

The interesting this is when I click on the sound bar on the PC to adjust the volume, I can hear the speakers "activate" with a very faint buzzing but no sound comes out. Sound is being produced from the speaker in the computer and when I change the input to the speaker it works. It seems to only be when I have it set to the display audio that it does not work.

When I searched for this issue, it seems there are a lot of customers with this monitor that have experienced the exact same problem. I am not sure what else to do at this point to resolve this but it is really annoying.

Can someone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To be honest I tried so many things but yesterday I tried again.

Problem solved by doing a factory reset, then taking out and in the device manager, checking drivers, going to the nvidia settings and finally rising up the volume button (somehow it went down to 0).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To be honest I tried so many things but yesterday I tried again.

Problem solved by doing a factory reset, then taking out and in the device manager, checking drivers, going to the nvidia settings and finally rising up the volume button (somehow it went down to 0).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.