Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 32 AIO

Hello, 

I have an issue as below. 

Bang & Olufsen speakers on my HP Envy 32 , work on bluetooth only when the device is turned on. 

They used to work fine, but my computer was send to HP for guarantee repair, and after that they do not work with computer turned off. Maybe something was updated / changed. 

If i connect with bluetooth with my phone, and play music, it works then computer is on, but when it goes to sleep it stops playing. If computer is turned off, or asleep i can not connect my phone to the speakers. 

Tried with a few different phone devices - no changes. 

Please help me 🙂

Kajetan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Bancoubar, 

After few contacts with HP, my problem is solved. 

Let me know if it helps You also. 

Solution in my case appeared to be pretty easy - use the button under right side of Your desktop, 

then go to POWER section, then POWER MODE , and change from Energy Saver, to FULL FEATURE. 

Now the speakers work whenever i want 🙂 

Hope it works in Your PC. 

All Best

Kajetan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello
something escapes me
You said, that if you plug in your phone, and the computer is on, you can listen to music from the phone, correct?
But what if you shut down the computer, it doesn't work anymore, still correct?
But it seems more than normal, if the computer does not work as you want it to continue to work.
A stupid example might be, but if you have a cd player, and you turn off the amp, there is no sound anymore.
On the other hand, if in standby mode, there I have never tested this, it is more likely, but on condition that I check the parameters.
In some modes devices can be disabled, however here I don't know what is possible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

In Envy 32 AIO, bluetooth speakers works even if computer is shutdown. 

It used to work this way in mine, but now it does not. 

I understand Your examples, but this is one of the feautures that this computer provides - you can connect your phone to the bluetooth speakers and play music - regardless if the computer is on or off. 

HP Recommended

In this case it would be a special function, and the computer, should not be completely turned off, if no power how can it work ..
what is the exact model, maybe it would help me to understand better ..
What was the reason for it being repaired, and what was it done?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/hp-envy-32-all-in-one-review/

This is the model i have. 

Even in this review guy mentiones that speakers work throught the bluetooth when the system is off. 

Off course the computer has to be connected to the power, but they should work while the system is shut down. 

The repair was about the system, because when i bought the computer there was some problem with system setup.

Thank You for your engagement. 

HP Recommended

hi

Ok, but that doesn't indicate the exact model

Something may be missing from what is mentioned:

It also supports a new version of HP's Advanced Audio Stream, which lets you connect a phone or other device via Bluetooth and sling audio to the speakers. In this model there's also a separate Bluetooth chip for the speakers, so you still can play via the speakers while the system is off.

but that does not explain how it works exactly Don't you know more about what was done with the computer? that couldn't change it, because I'm not sure what to look for, but with the exact model it might help to find something But, if not, as it has been repaired, they may have to be contacted again!

[start]
This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello there, 

Thank You for Your respond. 

The product number is 9MA51EA#AKD

The repair was after i bought the copmuter, because the system installation was not possible, and after contact with HP, 

they decided that i have to sent computer to them. 

They have changed motherboard and SSD/ 

HP Recommended

I respond as I browse the product page
see if you find something
the product / motherboard page, I don't see anything special

32-a0006nw Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, Risotto

in the troubleshooting help

I don't see much, where we could look, but I can't look at everything

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-all-in-one-pc-32-a0000i/29051861/model/3329...

Drivers page, apart from the Bluetooth driver, I don't see anything that could be related

frankly i think i'm going to waste your time more than anything else
if it was working fine before repair, I can only advise you to ask them for explanation directly
As you indicated that the motherboard has been replaced, the problem may be related to this

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have exactly the same issue w/ my 32” envy AIO…I posted about it too but only got crickets. HP support was a waste of 90min - the guy had no idea.

I’ve done everything except send it back. The machine works great otherwise. It took me two weeks and hours of work to get the bloody thing sorted; ended up doing it myself. Not exactly sure what I did, but miraculously the envy Bluetooth speaker appeared on my iPhone and worked brilliantly, then 2-3 weeks later, stopped connecting and I had to “forget” the Bluetooth speaker and reconnect..lots of attempts but it finally connected. Third time, not so lucky; I had to delete it again to reconnect T and nothing since the last two weeks…into the OSD a thousand times, audio set to “pairing”, nothing; set it to “on” nothing (that’s how I eventually got it to work the first time, counter to all the literature and the bloody you tube video of the guy in Levis Dockers connecting no problem). 
this is a VERY annoying problem and takes away from an otherwise lovely computer.

Best,

Chris

HP Recommended

Dear Bancoubar, 

After few contacts with HP, my problem is solved. 

Let me know if it helps You also. 

Solution in my case appeared to be pretty easy - use the button under right side of Your desktop, 

then go to POWER section, then POWER MODE , and change from Energy Saver, to FULL FEATURE. 

Now the speakers work whenever i want 🙂 

Hope it works in Your PC. 

All Best

Kajetan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.