Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-27-2020 08:29 AM
When I turned on the computer this morning, there is a crackling beeping coming from the speaker. I tried updating the sound driver but it still is persistent.
03-31-2020 03:17 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried with external speakers or earphone?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
use the following steps:
- Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.
- After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
- Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.
For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.
- In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring. For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community