Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa1006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sound has stopped working. I have updated all the drivers but troubleshooting still gives me a message  audio services not responding. I have tried shutting down and doing a hard restart? but no difference

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This problem seems to be happening to several others.  I have tried everything I know with no luck.   Hopefully HP is listening on here and can find a solution for all of us.   If you are at least say your working on the problem.

HP Recommended

I have had a similar problem. 

In my case the sound stopped working after the HP Update Assistant installed the following BIOS update:

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 85BA)

SoftPaq number sp105542, Version F.26

Updated on the 3rd July 2020.

If I open multiple applications (eg. Firefox watching You Tube, Hearts Deluxe etc.) and go to Volume Mixer then there are no applications present in the mixer and (obviously) I hear no sound.

If I run diagnostics in the BIOS I do hear the sounds, so it must be a software problem somewhere -the speakers are still working.

I have tried the HP Fix Audio Issues troubleshooter, as well as the Microsoft audio troubleshooter. Both report everything is OK.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers in Windows Device Manager, restarting the PC and reinstalling them.  I still don't get any sound.

HP Recommended

My It guy has  

spent a lot of time on this. He has downloaded the drivers from RealTek rather than use the HP drivers and its worked.

This is the driver version 6.0.1.8186   https://www.realtek.com

Give it a try

HP Recommended

HI

Try this:-

Click settings

choose update & security

Click get help

type audio

choose yes to run a scan and see if this fixes your problems

Regards

Stephen

HP Recommended

Thanks very much. That worked.

I didn't have a 'get help' option on the "settings / update & security" page, but I went into Troubleshoot / Additional Troubleshooters / Audio and that took me to a chat session with a microsoft bot that fixed it for me.

I wonder why that route fixed it when running the troubleshooter from the audio settings didn't?  Anyway, it worked and I'm happy. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.