Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PRO 3500 SERIES MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi so I just received an HP pro 3500 mt from a friend whos leaving town so I formatted the harddrive and reinstalled windows 10 pro x64 on it from the windows website. It seems as though the audio driver for the pc is not working. Ive tried every solution that came across youtube but they dont work. Any solution? My friend confirmed that the audio on this pc did work on windows 8.1 pro x64.(Also my windows is unactivated, if that matters)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs, there is no internal speaker.

The easiest way to find out would be to connect a pair of speakers or headphones to the light green audio out jack and see if you get sound.

I'm of the opposite opinion.  Most HP desktop PC's do not come with an internal speaker, except the business class models.

Yes, I know that yours is technically a business class model, but it is just a slightly better model (entry level business class)  than a consumer desktop, which uses the same motherboard, and that model has no internal speaker.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

It shouldn't matter if W10 is activated or not, and W10 should have automatically installed the Realtek audio driver, as that is a very common sound system used on many HP business-class desktop PC's

The only suggestion I can offer would be to:

Install the Windows 64 bit Realtek audio driver from the link below, and restart the PC.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

You can try activating windows 10 with the W7 or W8 product key.

If your PC came with W7, there should be a W7 product key sticker on the PC's case.

If it came with W8, the key is in the BIOS and I have zipped up and attached a free utility below that will show you the product key in the BIOS.

You can see this link for more info...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

HP Recommended

Thank you for your solution,I used your method of activating windows and it works perfectly:) The audio still doesnt want to work though. I installed the latest drivers from the realtek website but it doesnt seem to work. Im sure that the speakers arent the issue as I troubleshooted them and they seemed to work( removed a ram stick and it beeps)so im going to revert back to an earlier version of windows and see if that helps, cause I just want it to work, will update if something goes wrong.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you make sure you plugged the speaker connection into the light green audio out jack in the back of the PC?

The sound should be working.

When you removed the memory, the beeping comes from the motherboard speaker, and has nothing to do with the PC's main audio not working.

If for some reason you can't get the sound to work no matter what, I suggest you puchase an expensive audio card that has support for W10.

HP Recommended

Im confused, is there a speaker on the inside or do I need an external speaker to connect to the audio out? If not, I've been making a fool of myself lol. Anyways I just opened up the pc and i see a part of the frame which is supposed to hold a speaker, but it doesnt. I guess i'll have to buy a speaker. Strange to see that this is the first pc im seeing without an internal speaker. Thanks for your help:ThumbUp:

HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs, there is no internal speaker.

The easiest way to find out would be to connect a pair of speakers or headphones to the light green audio out jack and see if you get sound.

I'm of the opposite opinion.  Most HP desktop PC's do not come with an internal speaker, except the business class models.

Yes, I know that yours is technically a business class model, but it is just a slightly better model (entry level business class)  than a consumer desktop, which uses the same motherboard, and that model has no internal speaker.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.