Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f0000 (39R25AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The bluetooth adapter is broken from day 1. Tried fixing it with support a few times and no joy. In the end I figured out that it was a hardware fault and they concurred. Because I have cancer, this was several months after I brought it. Now they are saying I need to send it back for repair for 7-10 days.

I just want an exchange, is that too much to ask for?

On top of that they closed my complaint without contacting me. No one will call me back to discuss it. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is most unusual for  just the Bluetooth option of the Laptops Wi-Fi card to fail

That card can easily be replaced.  It is show on page 13 of the user manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07758154.pdfhttp://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07758154.pdf

the orange line points to it

BeemerBiker_0-1664155598227.png

If they replace the laptop you will lose everything on the disk drive: documents, photos, etc

Frequently, when working with tech support and have a system that is in warranty it is expedient for them to ask you to return the laptop rather than spend a lot of time diagnosing the problem.

A lot of Bluetooth devices simply lose connectivity and the laptops cannot reacquire the device..  For example, if I lost connectivity with my M3 device I would have the laptop "remove it" and then search for it using "add device"

BeemerBiker_1-1664156146916.png

A button on the device would have to be pressed to tell the M3 to expose itself.

Another problem is a 3rd party or Microsoft update that replaces a working HP Bluetooth driver with one that does not work.

try installing this driver and see if it fixes the problem

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135768.exe

Also, make sure that Bluetooth is actually turned on as shown in the image above

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for attempting to help.

I have been through the diagnosis process in full and analytically tested several bluetooth devices with HP support. They have confirmed that they suspect a bluetooth card hardware fault too.

All of my working data is in the cloud, replacing the laptop is no problem.

Not having a laptop to work with for 1-2 weeks is a huge problem.

HP Recommended

@Lukey2 wrote:

Thanks for attempting to help.

I have been through the diagnosis process in full and analytically tested several bluetooth devices with HP support. They have confirmed that they suspect a bluetooth card hardware fault too.

All of my working data is in the cloud, replacing the laptop is no problem.

Not having a laptop to work with for 1-2 weeks is a huge problem.

I am sorry to hear that.    Out of curiosity, did tech support debug the problem using remote access to take over your laptop?

If it is any consolation,  I am still waiting for Gigabyte to return my RTX-2080s  graphics card

BeemerBiker_0-1664193489528.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Indeed they did, on more than one occasion. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.