Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP e243 monitor no audio

HP E243 MONITOR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have my lenovo laptop connected to HP E243 monitor via HDMI cable, and made this as my default audio device. but there is no audio output when i play any file. (tried another e243 monitor-same result). 

but the laptop gives sound on other brand monitors. I tried troubleshooting with HP supports assistant/display assitant/windows audio troubleshooting. nothing helper. updated audio driver to latest 

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
9,716 9,630 903 2,625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP e243 monitor no audio

Here is the user guide for the E243

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05638634

I might be just not seeing it, but I do not see any mention of audio capabilities for that model.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
sawatek Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP e243 monitor no audio

thank you for your response.

i had checked the manual, windows recognise the display audio device. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vaf56JjcQ0 - please see the video that a user playing audio on same display ) 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,716 9,630 903 2,625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP e243 monitor no audio

Unfortunately, that video has no indication about the audio.  It could very well be that the PC the monitor was connected to already had speakers connected.

Please provide a screenshot of the audio device that Windows reports.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation