Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
monitor - hp w1907
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

does not produce sound through the monitor but does produce sound if headphones are plugged in

happened after updating to windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PepereRave,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with the monitor not having audio after a Windows 20 update. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Are you using an HP computer?
  • If so please provide the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.
  • How is the monitor connected to the computer? Is it via DVI, with separate audio ports or is it via HDMI?
  • Did you try with a different set of HDMI or audio cables depending on your current connection type?

Please furnish all this information to assist you better.

The monitor specs link:http://hp.care/2uhHZ7w

The monitor's user guide link: http://hp.care/2uhQnno

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using a Gateway computer and it is hooked up via an audio cable 

worked before upgrading to Windows 10

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @PepereRave,

I reviewed the post and your quick response. Thanks for the reply. I request you to try with different audio cables. Then if it still does not work, please try to connect this monitor to a different computer if it is possible and check if the there is audio. If there is audio, then the problem is with the audio drivers of the gateway computer and it again needs to be reinstalled from device manager.

So please perform these steps. If the speakers on the Monitor still don't have any audio, then the monitor has an issue and needs to be replaced or serviced by contacting HP phone support.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

what's up @pepereRave, there wasn't a link provided to fix this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.