Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay554tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys i Having Almost Same Problem With this Hp Audio Switch ,when i see this shortcut icon on my taskbar right side on bottom ,after doing right click on it ,it is showing bluetooth menu with two option ,1:Manage Blutooth Device and 2: Exit .any one know why this HP Audio Switch giving this option for blutooth.....:smileyfrustrated: my cortana also stoped talking to me ,she listen my voice and replying only  from showing  msg on screen ,i am using windows 10 version 1703 ,everything is upto  date ....:smileysad:

sshot-2017-09-09-[18-37-10].jpgsshot-2017-09-09-[18-51-13].jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CMPATIL2020,

Thank you for the update,

I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from Device manager and then install it back from recovery manager. 

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you try to update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CMPATIL2020,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. As I understand you are having issues with the HP Audio switch on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall HP Audio switch?

Did you download any apps from the Windows store?

Since when are you seeing the message?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Let's start off by Uninstalling the HP Audio switch from Control panel - open control panel>>programs>> uninstall a program. It will give a list of programs available. Please check if you can see HP Audio Switch and is yes then uninstall it.

I would also suggest you could try to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshoot for further assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I remember i keep updating my system from window store like camera app ,Hp Jump ,Windows Map,Microsoft Photo,and yes i installed Dollby Access app from Window store .

i never uninsalled any hp app i just updated it from if iget update for it either from system update or from HP Support Assistant ,curreently i m using (HP Suppoort Assistant version 8.4.19.3) . i was never got any update for HP Audio Switch,but i can see it in Control Pannel inside (Programs and Features) and i m not getting any further update and message from HP Support Assistant .ok if i uninstall HP Audio Switch from control pannel then from where i will get if back ....,i m using f. 30 version of bios as i can check from Windows PowerShellsshot-2017-09-11-[10-17-00].jpgsshot-2017-09-11-[10-42-25].jpgsshot-2017-09-11-[10-49-29].jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @CMPATIL2020,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand this could be an issue with the latest drivers, I would suggest you try to uninstall the audio drivers from Device manager and then reinstall it from HP Recovery manager, which should install the Original drivers that came with the PC and this should actually take care of the issue.

You could as well as go ahead and uninstall HP Audio switch from control panel and programs and features and reinstall it back from HP Recovery manager, for more please follow this link below:

HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have done same as you said i uninstalled  HP Audio Switch, then i reinstalled driver from hp recovery option ,it done sucessfully then after restart  no changes still showing blutooth option after doing right click on hp audio switch icon...any way thanks for your support sshot-2017-09-12-[17-15-19].jpgi have main problem with cortana voice ,when i created new user account in my hp notebook then from there i can use cortana but sound not clear some craking sound coming when she reply every time ,i guess its audio driver related probem....but its not working at all in my adminstrator account anymore so sound from cortana ,music player and other sound coming fine ...

HP Recommended

Hi @CMPATIL2020,

Thank you for the update,

I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from Device manager and then install it back from recovery manager. 

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you try to update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.