Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought new audio card C-media 8738 Lx for the PCI E slot but the computer doesn't see it at all. It seems to me that PCI-E slot is not working. In device manager of Windows I see only two audio devices: 1) ATI Radeon HDMI from the video card and 2) on board Realtek ALC662.

The first question : Is it possible to install this audio card on my computer that it will work?

The second question: In the Internet I saw the advice to turn off the onboard audio card in Bios. But in Bios i cant find the suitable setting to do so. The version of bios is: Hewlett-Packard 786G7 v01.02.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You should be able to disable onboard audio in the BIOS.

First, install the new audio card in the MB . Onboard audio cannot be disabled unless a discrete audio card is installed in the MB.

Boot to the BIOS. (F10).

Go to the Security Menu.

Select Device Security.

Disable System Audio.

Check Slot Security to ensure all PCIe slots are enabled.

Save and Exit the BIOS.

Install the driver for the new audio device.

The new audio device should now be visible in Windows Device Manager.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.