Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-df0167c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently retired my old HP desktop and replaced it with a new HP All-in-One.  I transferred the external speakers from my old computer to the new one.  On my old computer I was able to shut down the computer and leave the speakers on so they were ready when I booted the computer.  With my new HP, when I shut down the all in one, and the speakers remain on, they emit a hum or buzz sound.  My only solution is to turn the speakers off.  If I put the all in one to sleep (instead of using shut down) the speakers remain quiet.  Any ideas as to why this happens?  Any ideas on how to make the external speakers perform as they did with the old HP computer?

Separate question.  I have a Brother ink jet printer connected wirelessly to the new all in one.  Occasionally, the printer does not wake up automatically when I send a print job.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Participant444

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the new PC now floats the outputs, for new GREEN rules,  a floating input to any audio powered amp speakers

gets you 60 Hz AC power noise from the homes walls.

In effect your cable is now a noise antenna.

MY PC uses optical to the AMP speakers and never ever makes 60hz hum ever.

ever see a rock  band member and tune up and with amp 1/4" phone jack hum as he lays it on the Guitar jack; bingo same deal. HUMMMM REAL LOAD TOO, with ROCK AMPS.

no 2 sound chips  or cards do the same thing here, floating or not.

the fix is dummy load added to the jack pins to ground L/R channels. 10k ohms. or the the speaker side.

or use double shielded, 3.5mm cables

and make sure the PC power cables has good 3rd wire to the power cord end and wall jack greenwire not broken.

MY PC is all metal so no hum ever lands inside my PC, (fardays laws)

trick 2: is make sure the AMP end ground shield of cable as it enters AMP is fully grounded, most are not.

most are plastic, with no real ground, 

buzzing is homes lighting noise entering that cable.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

wifi , in power settings CP turn off sleep WIFI=

even on both ends? hummmmmm no brothers here. all 3 of mine are HP.

a sleep problem seems to me.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.