Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-df1000i (1W762AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Help!

I just purchased an HP All in One desktop computer, and it's been a problem to me because there's a constant humming sound coming from the desktop, it doesn't stop by turning on and off the speakers, or updating drivers or anything else I've tried. 

I'm ready to just give up. I ordered the 24-df1030na but when my computer arrived I checked the computer itself and it says it's a 24-f=df1000i, and so far no one can tell me why this is. Was I sent a defunct computer? 

While on a zoom meeting today, folks couldn't hear me, then when eventually they could hear me they all wished they couldn't, as there was a horrible echoing, 5xs repeating sound hurting their poor ears. Had nothing to do with Zoom, because afterwards when trying to play a video on another website, there's the horrible echo sounds, and I can't listen to anything so annoying.  Is this common with these machines? Does anyone know what I can do? I've tried customer service and no one can help me that I get through to. 

Please help. 

Thanks is anyone can help me. 

Eve

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Eve99 -- is this the same issue as in your other posting: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Why-is-my-new-HP-All-in-one-dif...

If you purchased the computer within the last 12 months, contact HP Support, to get free trouble-shooting, and maybe a repair/replacement from HP, at their expense.

HP Recommended

Asked again, as I can't get an answer from HP or Curry's where my HP computer was purchased from. Sooo frustrating. I will have to just purchase something else.  

HP Recommended

@Eve99 -- can you ask a "computerphile" friend to listen to the sound?

It might be a wire rubbing against a fan-blade.

It might the internal fan spinning quickly, trying to expel warm air, and intake cooler room-temperature air.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.