Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1177c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for a 5.1 or 7.1 sound card that will work with my ENVY desktop TE01-1177c. Although the specs say my computer has 5.1 sound, it does not. I installed a Creative Sound Blaster but there was bad static and the sound kept cutting out. With the help of their support I was not able to resolve the problem. I now have a external USB Audio Adapter and the sound fades across channels when playing music and only comes out of the front speakers when listening to audio on the web.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What sound board did you try that did not work?

There is a discussion here about how to get surround sound from motherboard having insufficient jacks when the chip actually supports 5.1 audio.   If a microphone is needed then a bluetooth mic would be required.

BeemerBiker_0-1653057392636.png

The best way to go if it can fit your budget is optical out from PC to an amplifier.

I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

The card I tried was the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe. Serious static and sound bleeding across channels. Worked with their support w/o success. I'm now trying a Vantec USB 7.1 Audio Adapter and having problems with  that also. I'm off to read the article you suggested. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.