Jamessunderland
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Internal Mic Not Working

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My microphone integrated into my HP EliteBook 8540w stopped working. It had a similar issue a bit ago but  it mysteriously resolved itself, now it's back. Under Hardware and Sound it says the device is functioning properly but won't pick up any sound I make when I test it. I tried reinstalling my audio driver but no luck, any ideas?

*Update: After trying to update my driver, the device "Integrated Microphone Array" isn't under the recording tab in Sound: http://imgur.com/5t6z6mt

*Update 2: NVM, solved issue by downloading driver, extracting then files to a folder and then running in comparability mode for my version of windows.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation