cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
j_danniel
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Is There an Audio In Jack in the Rear of a HP Pavilion - TP01-1155t?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - TP01-1155t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon and Happy New Year.

I ordered a HP Pavilion  - TP01-1155t, which should arrive later this week, but I do have a question I haven't found the answer for yet.  I was hoping someone could clarify something, please.

The front panel of this desktop PC has a headphone/microphone combo port.  But I haven't been able to find out if the rear of the computer has a port for an old-style set of speakers.  My speakers use a mini plug, not a USB plug. 

Does the model I ordered have an Audio In plug in the rear for such a set of speakers? 

(The PDF user guide says the following, on page 11 in Chapter 4:  "You can attach wired speakers to your computer by connecting them to a USB port or to the audio-out (headphone)/audio-in (microphone) combo jack on your computer or on a docking station."  Is that the only port for such a set of speakers?)

Thank you.  J. Danniel

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,983 92,645 21,297 28,610
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, and Happy New Year to you too!

According to the motherboard specs, there are 3 audio ports in the rear.   

Probably one for audio in, audio out, and microphone.

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Baker | HP® Customer Support

Back I/O ports

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4b/HDCP 2.2 port
  • (1) VGA port
  • (3) Audio ports
  • (4) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (1) Power input port

Main specs page...

HP Pavilion Gaming - TP01-1155t Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation