Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba073tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Laptop is unable to detect my voice. Microphone is not working on my laptop even if I am using the wireless earphones, people are not able to hear my voice. It was already not working without earphones also. I have tried updating the drivers but it's still not getting fixed. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Mic is built into the web cam.

Connecting a headset into the port shown as "5" will probably disable that built in microphone. Same for earbuds.

BeemerBiker_0-1653575282376.png

unplug the ear buds and bring up the audio settings and make sure the input is the webcam

- right click on the speaker icon and select Sound Settings

BeemerBiker_1-1653575475280.png

chose input as webcam

BeemerBiker_2-1653575518487.png

run the microphone test to verify it is working.  A blue color indicates signal presence.

verify the advanced settings also shows webcam input.

It is possible the app your are running (zoom?) has selected the wrong input.  Make sure the app uses the webcam input and that you have allowed apps to use the microphone

BeemerBiker_0-1653576176452.png

Post back if a problem

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.