Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I try to speak into my computer for zoom or anything else, no one can hear me. I have tried fixing my microphone and it says it needed to be set up - which I did. But when I talk into it, input is working but it sounds like im underwater and I cant hear anything I am saying, just a static sound. What should I do? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, started with microphone, then microphone worked after restart but my external speakers stopped working. The sound became muffled and low

HP Recommended

What kind of microphone is it? Does it work on other software like skype? 

HP Recommended

No one can hear me when I speak into the computer (zoom)

HP Recommended

Did you have a Windows 10 update recently? 

I did and it killed my Audio, removed my drivers.

Solution was to ROLL BACK the Windows update.

Now all is fine and merry again!

How to roll back a Windows update
  1. Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu.
  2. Click “Update & security”
  3. Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.
  4. Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.