Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
E243i

I have a Monitor E243i (no audio output) which I would like to use with amazon fire stick. Is there a way I get sound out of this Monitor?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Valerie23 , welcome to the forum.

@Valerie23 wrote:

I have a Monitor E243i (no audio output) which I would like to use with amazon fire stick. Is there a way I get sound out of this Monitor?

No!  There is no mention of speakers in the Product Specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitedisplay-e243i-24-inch-monitor/17210318/document/c056250...

You will have to buy separate speakers.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you old_geekster  for looking into that problem. I would gladly  buy a speaker, but can I connect it to the monitor? There doesn't seem to be an audio connection. Thanks for helping me

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Valerie23!

@Valerie23 wrote:

Thank you old_geekster  for looking into that problem. I would gladly  buy a speaker, but can I connect it to the monitor? There doesn't seem to be an audio connection. Thanks for helping me

No!  The speakers have to be connected to the computer.  Here is a guide that should help you: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03919406/

This video is for Win 8, but the connectors should be similar to what you have on your computer.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and Happy Christmas 

One last question : The Monitor has an USB interface, and a friend suggested that maybe I could connect the speaker via adapter to the USB port of the monitor?  (it is just for the Fire Stick, there is no computer available at the moment) 

HP Recommended

@Valerie23 

I read your original post again.  I see that you are trying to connect the Fire Stick to your monitor.  Here is the official website for the FS: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZVX1F2?ref_=ods_surl_sldp&tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=78477670244915&hvqmt=e&hv...

It shows that there is a HDMI adapter and the monitor has a HDMI 1.4 port.  You should see if you can connect it using the HDMI.  It might be good if you contact Amazon's Customer Service to see if they have any ideas.  You can tell them which ports are available on the monitor: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitedisplay-e243i-24-inch-monitor/17210318/document/c056250...

They are the experts on the Fire Stick.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, you are really very helpful.  I have the fire stick conected to the Monitor (even I was able to do that) and it works, but of course no sound. The question is, if the monitor is designed so that the sound is available on the USB port of the monitor. I have followed up the link you gave me and looked at the specifications. It says there is a downstream USB port, can I assume that  the sound is available there?  (in which case I a going to get an adapter)

Thanks you for your patience

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Valerie23!

Honestly, I am not familiar with the Fire Stick.  As I suggest in my last post, I believe that you should contact Amazon's Tech Support for it to see what they have to say.  They are the experts on their products.

HP Recommended

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that sound supplied to the Monitor via HDMI from a non PC source; like eg. Google Chrome Cast or Amazon Fire Stick is not available for USB downstream ports. So these devices can't be used with the E243i.

Thank you for your support, have a good 2021

Vakerie23

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Valerie23!  Thank you for the additional information!  You have just increased my knowledge considerably.  I appreciate it.

Happy New Year to you and your family, as well.  Please stay safe and healthy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.