Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, actually my PC was not working few days ago. So I thought resetting my pc will male it able to work. So I reset my pc. But after resetting my PC, my mouse and keyboard was not working. (Only working in BIOS). The light was coMing but not working.. please help me. What should I do now..?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Jaya7 -- are your keyboard & mouse connected to USB 2 or to USB 3 sockets? 

It is possible that you initially need to connect to USB 2 sockets, until Windows can install the device-drivers for USB 3 ports.

HP Recommended

Sir, I am not able to understand what are you trying to say but, I want to say that my keyboard and mouse both are having I usb socket only. 

HP Recommended

Now i understand what are you gurung to say.. actualy my keyboard and mouse is in USB port 2.. then i changed to USB port 3 but still not working. So i out it back to Port 2. But still its not working. Please reply and help

HP Recommended

@itsmyname please reply

HP Recommended

@Jaya7 -- posted on ‎12-25-2021 10:13 AM MST -- please reply

It is Christmas Day, a day for families to attend church in the morning, open/exchange Xmas Gifts, deep-fry a turkey, have dinner together within their "COVID-19-bubble" and watch NFL football. Not a day to ignore family, and respond to questions on a discussion board.

It is curious that the Keyboard and Mouse work during BIOS SETUP, but not when Windows is running. Maybe, some device-driver needed to support "USB-3-SuperSpeed" circuits on the motherboard is not installed ???

If you connect the 2 devices to a different computer where Windows is running, does Windows access the Internet to find device-drivers for these devices?  On your computer, does Windows Update also "call home" to load those device-drivers?

What is the model-number of your computer? Maybe, the necessary device-drivers can be found on the HP Support web-site, downloaded on another computer, and "burned" to CD-RW media, and then insert that media into your computer, for Windows to install? 

You might need to "get complicated":

1. remove the disk-drive from your computer

2. remove the disk-drive from another computer (that has USB-1 or USB-2 ports)

3. connect your disk-drive into the other computer

4. start Windows

5. locate, download, and install the "missing" device-drivers

6. shutdown

7. reconnect your disk-drive back to your computer

8. reboot, and hope that Windows uses those installed device-drivers.

HP Recommended

But i do not have another pc. Please help

HP Recommended

@Jaya7 -- But i do not have another PC. 

What computer are you using to make your posts to this forum? iPad?

Do you have any friends/family with a PC running Windows?

Please help

If I were not trying to help, I would not be trying to help by posting to this discussion board.

What is the model-number of the HP computer that has the issue?

HP Recommended

No its not ipad. Its computer. HP.. Windows 10.. and i dont know about any model number.. can you tell me where its written..??

HP Recommended

@Jaya7 -- No its not ipad. Its computer. HP.. Windows 10

I am confused. I presume that you are posting from a computer with WORKING keyboard & mouse, and you have a second computer where the keyboard & mouse are not working within Windows.

>  I don't know about any model number.. can you tell me where it is written..??

Is there a label anywhere on the back or sides or bottom of the HP computer, or under the removable battery?  What text is on that label?  Can you use your smart-phone to take a good picture of the label, and post that image here?

Do you have any friends/family with a PC running Windows 10?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.