Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So this problem has just arisen today, I can link it to the instance where I accidentally yanked out the jack from the audio jack in the front of the Omen(if you are not familiar with the tower of this product, it basically has 2 USB ports on the top and 1 port for a microphone and another port for a headset/earbuds) I assume this was the problem and that I might need to get that fixed, this is because I have looked through almost all the information around the problems others have had with their port.

I went through the Realtek Audio Manager, went through the Sound settings to set up the microphone again, the only listed information being gathered by that port though is the output of the earbuds, not the input microphone. I am genuinely confused and would like help whenever I can over this issue.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@GordonHelp Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The product number? Is that also the product ID?

HP Recommended

@GordonHelp

Please provide the correct desktop product number.

Have you tried with a different headset and checked?

Please let us know is it working before.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the microphone issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

The product number is 4NN71AA#ABA

As for connecting another headset in, yes, but the port still doesn't detect the microphone on the headset. 

HP Recommended

@GordonHelp 

Thank you for the information.

In that case, please perform the audio test and check for the result.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Audio and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

HP Recommended

It passed. I don't quite understand what the audio test was for though? Just to check the output? 

HP Recommended

@GordonHelp

I understand your concerns.

We would like to check the audio card is working fine or not.

According to the test result, there is no issue with the audio cards.

Please check if any physical damage to the front panel connections.

Please perform the system reset and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists, please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you! I'll make sure to follow your instructions.

HP Recommended

@GordonHelp

You are most welcome.

If you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.