Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X6V56UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP envy and I just updated my computer and after the update, my in computer mic became distorted when talking to others. I've tried to uninstall the mic and it still is distorted. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or should I wait to see if the next update will fix it? I'm not really sure how to approach this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @anyamartin,

Have tried checking with an external microphone does the issue persist?

Try updating the BIOS and audio drivers to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the audio driver using this link. Click Here

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Disable Sound Effects

1. Right click on the Sound icon in the bottom right of your screen on the desktop.
  2. Click on Recording devices
  3. Right click on the microphone.
  4. Click on the Properties
  5. Click on the Enhancements tab
  6. Check the 'Disable' box inside the box.
  7. Click 'Ok'

If you don't see an Enhancements tab, then look for a "Signal Enhancements" section in the "Advanced" tab.  Remove the check from the "Enable Audio enhancements" box, pictured below.

Set audio to 24-bit format

This is a pretty effective option.

Press the Windows + S and enter Sound. Select ‘Sound’.
Go to ‘Playback’ and then click ‘Speakers’.
Go to ‘Advanced’ and click on ‘Default Format’. Then select ’24 bit’.
Click ‘Apply’ followed by ‘Save changes’.
You will need to do this individually for every multimedia app you have.

Also, Run Built-in Recoding Audio Troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Recording Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.

* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”. Also, ensure to select Run as administrator.

* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Refer this article to know more information about microphone issues. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.