Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To anyone who can help:

I have just received a new 550-110, windows 10, and am going through the initial setup on Windows 10.

So far, I cannot find or access any of the software titles shipped with the computer, such as cyberlink or Bang & Olufsen Play.

The package contained little documentation, only a quick start guide and a warranty pamphlet. No other set up disks or other items, only keyboard, mouse and power cord.

How do I begin to access these programs, particularly the Bang & Olufsen Play? I chose this model for the better audio, not the old DTS sound which never worked right when playing music.

In good ol' Win7, you would get a list of all the programs on the start menu, but the boys at microsoft know what we really want, whether we like it or not. I know where to look in Win 7, but not a clue in Win10, I tried a search of the entire computer and even looked at the program files, but found nothing  but Amazon and Trip advisor (already on taskbar).

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@John165, welcome to the forum.

You should click on Start in the lower left corner of the Taskbar.  You will see tiles on the right side of the screen and a list of all of the apps on the left side.  You can scroll through the apps until you find what you want.  Also, to find B&O you can click in the carrot next to HP Support Assistant (blue and white ?) in the Taskbar.  You should see B&O listed and just click on it.  The Control Panel will will open.  As a musician, I want the best sound that I can get, so I tried all of the settings.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@John165, welcome to the forum.

You should click on Start in the lower left corner of the Taskbar.  You will see tiles on the right side of the screen and a list of all of the apps on the left side.  You can scroll through the apps until you find what you want.  Also, to find B&O you can click in the carrot next to HP Support Assistant (blue and white ?) in the Taskbar.  You should see B&O listed and just click on it.  The Control Panel will will open.  As a musician, I want the best sound that I can get, so I tried all of the settings.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response!

I did manage to find the B&O program buried in the "apps" section.

I've got to work on learning how to navigate around Windows 10

Thanks Again.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @John165.  There are numerous video and written guides for you to review online.  I even used some of them when I first began to use Win 10.  With a short learning curve you will become very proficient with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.