Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 15t-dw100CT0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Th e equalizers have vanished from HP Audio Center. As shown on the screenshot below, I have an image of a speaker and equalizer slides in the lower right corner of my AC screen. But clicking it does nothing. 

awanalore_0-1630925006259.png

I have read a few posts about this that suggest updating the Realtek driver. According to Support Assistant, I have the most recent driver, 6.0.9198.1 dated 6/29/2021.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry i may not have understood correctly ..
You had the options, and they were gone after maybe an update.
or are you wondering why you don't have this option with this model?
It would be nice to have a comparison with a user who has the same model, but we might wait a while.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi! Yes, I had the equalizers at one point. But they have not been there through the past several Realtek updates.  

HP Recommended

An option removed for some reason, may be ..
So is it possible for you to reinstall an older version?

where does your driver come from, because if I look at the product page

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Comet Lake

6.0.8924.1 Rev.A522.3 MBDec 21, 2020

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (64-bit)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-dw1000-laptop-pc-series/29159332/model/291593...

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.8742.1 Rev.A442.6 MBApr 22, 2020Download

6.0.8924.1 Rev.A522.3 MBDec 21, 2020Download

6.0.8742.1 Rev.A242.2 MBAug 16, 2019Download

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Kaby Lake / Whiskey Lake / Gemini Lake / Comet Lake

6.0.8924.1 Rev.A571.0 MBJul 15, 2020Download
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So should I uninstall my current, newer, drivers and install the older ones? 

HP Recommended

Do not know where this version came from?
So probably not suitable, but I can't guarantee this will work again with an old one.
The best is to uninstall the new one, restart, then reinstall the old one.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi! I upgraded to Windows 11 through the Insider Program a while back. Could that explain the disparity in driver versions? I tried downloading/installing the drive listed on the support site for my notebook, (I chose Windows 64 20H2). I received a message stating that the drive is not compatible with my OS version. Will there be any HP-specific drivers for Windows 11? 

HP Recommended

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11 | HP® Customer Support

Ok I couldn't guess, yes that definitely explains it
See if the computer is in the HP list of supported hardware

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.