cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
mkm10
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No input internal microphone on my HP TouchSmart PC, what do I do about that

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 300 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to use Zoom on my computer and find there is no microphone so others can hear me.  I think this PC is supposed to have an internal microphone, but when troubleshooting, it indicates there is no input device.  Help..

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,795 65,508 12,541 21,615
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mkm10 

What is your  HP TouchSmart 300 PC ? For example HP TouchSmart 300-1120, its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02056463

Your machine should be very close, it has 2 internal microphones which are next to the webcam (position 2)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mkm10
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Evidently I needed to purchase a headset that will work both as a microphone as well as audio.  At least once I purchased one and plugged in to the USB port, the message that my microphone or headset was unplugged disappeared.  I can certainly hear audio and will try the microphone test soon, but I feel certain this solved my problem and will be able to participate in Zoom sessions and others will be able to hear me. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation