Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ElitDisplay 243m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don’t have any settings related audio line-in port and it doesn’t work at all.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the User Guide (manual) for the  monitor. 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06061942

Item 7 on Page 10 shows how to connect the audio line-in port

7.To enable sound from the monitor’s speakers, connect one end of an audio cable (not included with the monitor) to the audio-in jack on the monitor and the other end to the audio-out jack on the source device

The  monitor does not have controls for that because the hosting PC has the audio controls.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Actually I need line-in etings to turn it to microphone port (wht is usually possible with standard sound card backed line-in).

In-monitor mic sensitivity is weak and the sound is unclear. 

HP Recommended

The microphone in port would be on the hosting PC, which the model number and make have not been posted.

Plug the microphone into the mic input on the back of the hosting PC and also plug a cable from the line out jack of the hosting PC to the input jack of the monitor.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi,

For sure I know where the Mic port on my laptop is located.

But it is too far from the monitor as I'm using a docking station in addition.

Thus the ide was to have a monitor with USB for keyboard+mouse and using internal monitor speakers nd the mic.

But the mic quality is too bad, a lot of echo and low sound volume.

Next idea was to reuse monitors line port for simple analogues external mic. 

AndI can't configure it at all at the end.

HP Recommended

As you can see from the user guide,  the audio section is not intended to be used in that manner.  It is basally for pass-though from the computer's audio out and to have speakers in the monitor.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.