Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy All-In-One 27-b145se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just a few days ago the sound stopped from my Directv Genie without changing anything or doing any updates. Input is through the HDMI input. I tried the cable on another setup and it was fine. Also tried the Directv Genie box on another setup and too was fine. I have the internal Bang and Ofulsen speakers which work fine when using the PC/Computer mode. I have tried everything that I can think of. Updating Audio Drivers etc. The only thing I can think of is that the HDMI input is bad?

Help anyone?

Robert N Rodgers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bobdog1915

Thank you for posting back.

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Bobdog1915

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with Audio no audio-out when using "HDMI input from Directv Genie" 

I’d like additional information in order to troubleshoot:

When was the last time it worked fine?
Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Try to set the Direct TV setup box to output stereo PCM audio and check.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I believe the problem started about a week ago but I am not exactly sure when. I have not done any updates manually in over 3 weeks. 

Robert N Rodgers
HP Recommended

As a test of the HDMI input I plugged in a fully opertional Roku player with the same result of the Directv. Video but no audio. I am not sure to go from here as I am now convinced it is not a problem with the Directv.

Robert N Rodgers
HP Recommended

@Bobdog1915

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's perform a system restore, system restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. 

Follow the steps given below. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Microsoft System Restore: Click here​​​​​​​

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just did a system restore last night. The oldest restore point I could find was Nov. 15. but that did not solve the issue. 

Robert N Rodgers
HP Recommended

@Bobdog1915

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue has been resolved. With about 3 hours of HP Support it was determined that the Realtek Audio Driver that I had was not compatible with my particular computer. After many trial and error attempts to resolve this we finally found one that worked and allowed sound on the PC as well as to the switched HDMI input thus allowing Directv sound to work. That driver is backed up on my desktop and a thumb drive for future reinstalls as needed. 

Thank you for all of the help.

Bob

Robert N Rodgers
HP Recommended

@Bobdog1915

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.