Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE Series Model h8-1237c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During the install process of the original audio driver from HP on this model I received the following Error message:

'Your system does not meet the operating system requirements. Update has been cancelled.(9998)'

I have previously installed this driver on the Windows 10 system on this same computer. Is there now another option or newer driver, since my audio has stopped working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the W10 IDT audio driver works for your model.

Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

HP Recommended

i downloaded and installed the file, which worked GREAT!! All the troubleshooting techniques on the machine continued to tell me the audio was in my HDMI cable, and the audio was unplugged. So anyone without builtin speakers on their monitor using an HDMI cable, and have external speakers that you KNOW are plugged in to your audio port, if your audio is not working download this file! Kudos to Paul.

Thanks,

George

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, George.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

This fixed my issue where I had no sound with HDMI input on my Hp Envy All-in-One with the generic drivers. HP should provide links to updated versions of drivers instead of ones that no longer install/work so you don't have to scour the internet to fix these things. Thank you very much Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP does not, and will not support any PC made prior to August 2013 with drivers or software for W10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

That is why we have to rely on each other to find our own solutions (such as this one) to the problems we have with older PC's and W10.

HP Recommended

Only 2 years of driver support from HP seems kinda short. I'm glad this board exists though it has come in very handy with solving issues I've experienced with my pc. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.