Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem but from the Sound window posted I note that the integrated microphone array is not shown and there is no sign of either stereo mix or record playback.

Can you go into detail please as to which driver you downloaded and given that HP do not currently do Windows 10 drivers, what OS did you set the compatability view to so that it would work?

Currently I also have a problem with microphone boost which will only go between 0 decibel  base to +10decibel maximum.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved

.It appears that the cable that links the motherboard to the integrated microphone comes in 2 parts with a connector in the middle. If the cable from the motherboard is separated from the cable from the integrated microphone the result is that the integrated microphone does not work. Unfortunately the only way to solve this is for someone to open the laptop and reconnect the two cables.It's a pity that HP could not find a way to keep the two ends permanently attached. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hpuseruk1

Welcome to HP Support Community

To assist you better please provide me with the complete product model or product number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Krazy Toad,

Thanks for your response.

It seems that I have 2 threads going on this.

The other one which answers your question is at:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP8540w-Integrated-microphone-array-not-working/m-p/699...

Please let me know if you need any further information. Have a good day.

Best wishes HPUSERUK1

HP Recommended

Problem solved

.It appears that the cable that links the motherboard to the integrated microphone comes in 2 parts with a connector in the middle. If the cable from the motherboard is separated from the cable from the integrated microphone the result is that the integrated microphone does not work. Unfortunately the only way to solve this is for someone to open the laptop and reconnect the two cables.It's a pity that HP could not find a way to keep the two ends permanently attached. 

Hope this helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.