Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1054
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion p7-1054 desktop with the motherboard N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix).
According to the spec, Integrated ALC888S-VD audio is installed.
Recently, I installed Windows 10 64bit but I have a problem as follows:

1. When Widnows 10 installed, audio icon was with red X meaning no speaker plugged in.
Even though I tried to connect a speaker physically, red X still on the audio/speaker icon.

2. I downloaded and installed the latest audio driver from realtek from
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTyp... Definition Audio Codecs

The audio icon with red X went away but realtek audio manager keeps showing toggling messages like speaker is not plugged in and attached.
The speaker connected was never working.

3. I downloaded the latest driver from Windows catalog and installed it manually.
But the speaker still doesn't work.

How to solve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Matr1x

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I see you're running Win10 but your PC came preinstalled with Win8 or Win7 -- so, unfortunately, HP does not provide Win10 drivers for your PC.

However, Win8 drivers often do work -- so I would go to this page, download the Win8 driver and see if it works:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p7-1000-desktop-pc-series/5080737/model...

I know you're running Win10, but I prefer to still use Control Panel for stuff -- because it's easier to find things.  So, enter Control Panel in the search area, open it, and in there you should see an entry for Realtek HD Audio.  IF you do not, that means the Realtek app never got installed.  If the app IS there, then open it and mess around with the speaker settings to see if anything works.

I ran into a similar problem where I accidentally set my speakers in the HD audio app to 7.1 and thus, I got very weak sound out of my two speakers.  When I then reset the app to stereo sound, it was a lot better.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Windows8 driver didn't work for audio driver.

HP can't solve this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.