Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I've been having audio issues with my headphones and speakers recently. they've both been showing up as the same driver so for one to work, the other one has to be unplugged. I looked it up online and it seems it can be fixed through the Realtek Audio Manager, the only problem is I don't have it for some reason. (possibly from moving to an SSD?)

I know I use Realtek cause my speaker shows up as (Realtek High Definition Audio)

does any one have the driver/download to it? 

-Peter

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Alduin,

Try updating the audio drivers and BIOS on the PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the audio drivers using this link. Click Here

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Also, Try the steps recommended below to solve audio issues.

Change Realtek Audio Manager Settings

Double click the Realtek Audio Manager from the icon tray (bottom right corner)
Click Device advanced settings from the top right corner
Check the option Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously from the Playback Device section
Click Ok

Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
Click the yellow folder icon on the top right corner (just below Device advanced settings)
Check the option Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
Click Ok

Note: If changing this setting doesn’t solve the issue then perform the following steps

Click Device advanced settings from the top right corner
Uncheck the option Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in from the Playback Device section
Click Ok

Refer this article to know more information about audio issues. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.