Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1370t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Pavilion p7-1370t -- but new motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium

The Windows 10 upgrade bricked my computer's original Foxconn motherboard.
I had a computer shop replace the ruined board with an Asus board, and of course they installed new chipset drivers.
The restored Windows 7 OS runs fine.

However, Beats is gone.

HP Support Assistant/Audio and video shows this:
  Device:         Intel(R) Display Audio
    Driver:       IntcDAud.sys
    Version:      6.14.0.3090

Device:         High Definition Audio Device
    Driver:       HdAudio.sys
    Version:      6.1.7601.17514

Beats Audio Control Panel opens, but the controls in "listening experience" are inactive.

Can I install Beats to run on the Asus motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Beats is related to your old motherboard.

The new Asus motherboard will have its own drivers and audio package. If you know the model of the motherboard (you can see it written on the motherboard) you can find the drivers on manufacturers website. It should have also come with a disk with all the drivers on it.

You can also remove HP support assistant since it will not be able to update drivers or Bios in your new system. You will need to update  through Asus.

https://www.asus.com/support/

I hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Beats is related to your old motherboard.

The new Asus motherboard will have its own drivers and audio package. If you know the model of the motherboard (you can see it written on the motherboard) you can find the drivers on manufacturers website. It should have also come with a disk with all the drivers on it.

You can also remove HP support assistant since it will not be able to update drivers or Bios in your new system. You will need to update  through Asus.

https://www.asus.com/support/

I hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Exactly right.

When I finally understood that the audio stuff is board-specific, I found the audio driver on the DVD that came with the Asus board.

Installing the driver planted an icon labeled "HD Vdeck" on the desktop.  That brings up a process named "VIA HD Audio Deck", on whose window are equalizer controls.  Whether the controls actually do anything I have yet to ascertain.

(Aside: I have intimate knowledge of computer internals from the days before computers had "chipsets".)

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

I am happy you were able to solve your problem with audio. 

It would be interesting to hear about your experience with computer before "chipsets". I find it amazing how much computers have changed in performance over the last 20 years. Even as a technician it is incredible how the "work" has evolved.

All the best,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.